Sunday, January 22, 2017

Los Angeles' has two seasons, Spring and summer

It's been raining in los angeles about every week since Christmas. Let me tell you, I love it. It is going to be a great year for growing plants.


A special feature of los angeles is the amazingly warm winters. I was wondering when I could do some air layering. The recommendation for air layer is to do it when the sap starts to flow. They (who they are, i am not sure) also say that buds are a sign of a tree's sap flowing.

I was looking over the trees in my garden yesterday (january 19th) when I ran across this chinese elm i dug out of my front yard last year.

spring buds

I looked around some more and saw that one of my Japanese Green Maple also had buds on it. That's great because this tree is very tall and needs an air layer bad.


Spring bud

This saturday I am going to air layer like a madman. No plant will be safe. I'll  be cloning trees quicker than Star Wars episode two.

To top it off I will be experimenting with a secret weapon. A synthetic media. Yes I am going star trek up in here.
Im done with the movie references. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment