Thursday, March 17, 2016

Japanese green Maple salad

It was a beautiful March morning, the sun was shining, the birds were singing, the plants were growing. I strolled down my garden to check on the seedlings. Those beautiful seedlings. They are full of hope and potential. I looked at the green maples. I saw this:


Do you see what I see? Look closely. Let me show you a close up.


Do you see the nubs?!? There used to be 25 little maples pushing their way up, on their way to becoming amazing bonsai. They were cut down at the Genesis of their lives. And who could the culprit be? Only one piece of evidence could be found. Glistening in the morning light a trail of slime led away from the pot. It was a garden snail. 

Well that's it for this year's green maples. I was very upset, but nothing can bring them back. Time to reassess where I have my other seedlings. Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment